For Job Seekers
Explore these topics for a more detailed look at the career development process and steps that are important for your child as he or she pursues work life. You will find practical ideas about ways you can continue to support your child’s future. And you will be able to get suggestions for activities and other resources to help you and your child.
What types of career decisions do young people make?
- Ingredients of career planning
- Knowledge of the world of work and education
- Decision making and goal setting
- Stages of career development
- Career establishment and transitions
How can I help my child progress on his or her career path?
- Fostering self-confidence
- Understanding learning style
- Exploring interests
- Developing skills and abilities
- Developing good work habits
- Understanding the world of work
- Creating an educational plan
- Encouraging extracurricular activities
- Using quality career information
How can I afford college or training?
- Choosing the right educational path
- Finding the right college or training program
- Locating financial aid
- Being aware of money
Where do I go from here?
- Activities to help with first jobs
- Resources to help children with first jobs