For College Students
Explore these topics for a more detailed look at the career development process and steps that are important for your college-age child. You will find practical ideas about ways you can support your child’s future. You will discover the possibilities for education and training. And you will be able to get tips, checklists, activities, and other resources to help you and your child.
What types of career decisions do young people make?
- Ingredients of career planning
- Knowledge of the world of work and education
- Decision making and goal setting
- Stages of career development
- Career planning and preparation
- Career establishment and transitions
How can I help my child progress on his or her career path?
- Fostering self-confidence
- Understanding learning style
- Supporting success in college
- Exploring interests
- Developing skills and abilities
- Developing good work habits
- Supporting career-related learning
- Understanding the world of work
- Creating an educational plan
- Choosing the right classes
- Encouraging extracurricular activities
- Using quality career information
How can I afford college or training?
- Choosing the right educational path
- Finding the right college or training program
- Locating financial aid
- Being aware of money
Where do I go from here?
- Tips for parents of college students
- Checklist for parents of college students
- Activities for college students
- Resources for parents of college students