For Middle School Students
Explore these topics for a more detailed look at the career development process and steps that are important for your middle school age child. You will find practical ideas about ways you can support your child’s future. You will discover the possibilities for education and training after high school. And you will be able to get tips, checklists, activities, and other resources to help you and your child.
What types of career decisions do young people make?
- Ingredients of career planning
- Knowledge of the world of work and education
- Decision making and goal setting
- Stages of career development
- Career exploration
How can I help my child progress on his or her career path?
- Developing assets
- Fostering self-confidence
- Understanding learning style
- Supporting success in school
- Exploring interests
- Developing skills and abilities
- Developing good work habits
- Supporting career-related learning
- Understanding the world of work
- Creating an educational plan
- Choosing the right classes
- Encouraging extracurricular activities
- Using quality career information
How can I afford college or training?
- Choosing the right educational path
- Planning ahead
- Being aware of money
Where do I go from here?
- Tips for parents of middle school students
- Checklist for parents of middle school students
- Activities for middle school students
- Resources for parents of middle school students